We at Avenue M Advisors, Inc., along with our affiliates (collectively, “Avenue M”), respect your concerns about privacy.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about consumers, how we may use the information and with whom we may share it. The notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information. In addition, we tell you how you can ask us to (i) access or change the personal information we maintain about you, (ii) withdraw consent you previously provided to us, (iii) refrain from sending you certain communications, and (iv) answer questions you may have about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any contractual rights or obligations.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any affiliate of Avenue M Advisors, Inc. that maintains its own privacy notice.
Information We Obtain
We may obtain personal information (such as name, email and telephone number) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the Avenue M website, (ii) events in which we participate, (iii) calls placed with Avenue M.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, email address and telephone number)
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet, and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) we obtain through Avenue M-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (including third-party login services such as “Login with Facebook”)
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain an Avenue M service
We also receive consumer personal information from our customers in order to perform services. We may receive personal information from third parties, including public databases, social media platforms, or third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers.
In addition, when you visit our website, use our apps, or interact with Avenue M-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain and store “clickstream” data to tell us usage patterns. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also may use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our website or apps.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Provide information or services you request (such as information requested, valuation, consulting or other services)
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Offer you information or services we believe may interest you
- Enable you to interact with Avenue M through social media
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales and marketing; analyzing and enhancing our services, website and apps; ensuring the security of our network and information systems; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer service)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims
- Monitor and report compliance issues
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies and other automated means for purposes such as (i) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to visitors’ interests and the manner in which visitors browse our website and apps, and (iii) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems and administer our website and apps.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, joint marketing or financial partners. These entities may use the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to your use of a Facebook “Like” button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and Avenue M is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, selecting the Email Unsubscribe link in the emails, or contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. Consistent with the choices available in the “Information We Share” section, you may withdraw your consent or object to certain information sharing by contacting us as indicated below. In addition, as required by law, you may object at any time on legitimate grounds and free of charge to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our joint marketing or financial partners for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below.
Access and Correction
Subject to applicable law, (i) you may have the right to obtain access to personal information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity and/or may ask you to provide other details before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
We describe the personal information we collected about consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled, “Information We Obtain.” The information we obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, and other credentials used to access Avenue M services, social media handles, and, when you visit our website, use our apps or interact with our tools, widgets or plug-ins, Internet Protocol address and unique device identifier.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) signature, (3) telephone number and (4) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Obtain.”
- Commercial information, including (1) records of services purchased or received from Avenue M, (2) information on actions taken on the Avenue M website or mobile app, which may include information about Avenue M services considered, and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our website and mobile app or purchase from third parties in order to personalize content we deliver on our website and mobile app.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with Avenue M website and mobile app, and Avenue M advertisements that we display on Avenue M website or mobile app or on third party sites and apps.
- Electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, email address and telephone number.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our website, use our app, or interact with Avenue M-related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our website and mobile app or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
We collect this personal information from sources including yourself directly and others whom you instruct to interact with us on your behalf, and other customers, including customers of our social networks, and joint marketing and financial partners such as analytics or marketing providers. For more information, please see “Information We Obtain.”
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have not disclosed email addresses of customers of Avenue M for monetary or other valuable consideration within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice to joint marketing or financial partners who support Avenue M.
We may have disclosed personal information in the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Consumers for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of personal information we disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “Information We Share.”
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law.
Use of Personal Information about California Consumers
We use the personal information we collect about California consumers for the business purposes disclosed within our Privacy Notice. For more information, please see “How We Use the Information We Obtain.”
The business purposes for which we may use personal information about California consumers include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service and fulfilling transactions.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our joint marketing or financial partners’ marketing purposes or for purposes disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Notice.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collected, used, disclosed, including:
- Specific pieces of information that we collected about you;
- Categories of personal information we collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we collected from you.
For requests made in connection with the Right to Know and/or Right of Deletion, please note:
- As required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for valuable consideration. To opt-out, see below under “Requests to Exercise Your Rights.”
To opt out of the collection of personal information by certain of our social media, advertising, and analytics partners, you can also visit their websites and follow their opt out provisions.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you services;
- Charging different prices or rates for services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
We may limit our response to your exercise of rights as permitted by law.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
– Submitting a request through the Contact Us page
– Calling us at 818.758.8457
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us via the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that the consumer gave the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request;
- The consumer to verify their identity directly with the business;
- The consumer to directly confirm with us that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our joint marketing or financial partners for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below. To make such a request, please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information, we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email on the “Contact Us” page.
You also may write to us at:
Avenue M Advisors, Inc.
1817 Burland Cres
Brentwood, TN 37027
How We Use The Information We Obtain
The legal bases for which we collect, use, transfer or disclose your personal information include (i) the performance of the contract we have with you, (ii) marketing, improvement of our services and other legitimate business interests, (iii) compliance with a legal obligation, and (iv) the protection of yours and others vital interests. The corresponding purposes for which we process your personal information are systematically included in the “How We Use the Information We Obtain” section in the Privacy Notice above.
We may process your personal information based on your consent, where required by law. If we request your consent, we will inform you of the intended purposes for which your information will be processed. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, you may not be able to participate in or benefit from our services and initiatives for which you provided consent.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law.
Your Personal Information Rights
In addition to the right to access and correction, as specified above (under “Access and Correction” in the main body of this Notice), you have (i) the right to request the transmission of the personal information you provided to us to you, (ii) the right to object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information, (iii) the right to withdraw your consent in relation to our processing of your personal information based on your consent, (iv) the right to request deletion of your personal information and (iv) the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information.
You may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unreasonable, for instance because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law. Before Avenue M is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. For the exercise of your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided above in the “Contact Us” page. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a Data Protection Authority.
This disclosure explains “what cookies are” and the types of cookies Avenue M uses on its website.
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
What types of cookies are used on the Avenue M website?
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to carry out a transaction or request initiated by you. Examples include, remembering information provided by you as you move through the site.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you have made in order to provide functionality for your benefit. For example, functional cookies allow the website to remember settings specific to you, such as your services selection and information requested.
These cookies allow us to collect data relating to your use of the website, including the content on which you click while browsing the website, in order to improve the performance and design of the website. These cookies may be provided our third party analytic tool provider but are only used for purposes related to our websites.
How do I disable or remove cookies?
Each type of web browser offers ways to restrict and delete cookies. Refer to the browser specific details on cookie removal from the browser documentation.